- Nothing changed yet.
- Fix declaration corruption bug when a factory defined foo__bar__baz=1 and a caller provided a foo__bar=x parameter at call time: this got merged into the factory’s base declarations.
- Fix packaging issues (see https://github.com/zestsoftware/zest.releaser/issues/212)
- Don’t crash when debugging PostGenerationDeclaration
This version brings massive changes to the core engine, thus reducing the number of corner cases and weird behaviourrs.
- issue #275: factory.fuzzy and factory.faker now use the same random seed.
factory.Maybe, which chooses among two possible declarations based on another field’s value (powers the
PostGenerationMethodCallonly allows to pass one positional argument; use keyword arguments for extra parameters.
- factory.fuzzy.get_random_state is deprecated, factory.random.get_random_state should be used instead.
- factory.fuzzy.set_random_state is deprecated, factory.random.set_random_state should be used instead.
- factory.fuzzy.reseed_random is deprecated, factory.random.reseed_random should be used instead.
- Fix packaging issues.
- issue #334: Adjust for the package change in
- issue #278: Formally drop support for Python2.6
factory.FactoryOptions.renameto help handle conflicting names (issue #206)
- Add support for random-yet-realistic values through fake-factory, through the
factory.Iteratorno longer begins iteration of its argument at import time, thus allowing to pass in a lazy iterator such as a Django queryset (i.e
- Simplify imports for ORM layers, now available through a simple
- issue #201: Properly handle custom Django managers when dealing with abstract Django models.
- issue #212: Fix
factory.django.mute_signals()to handle Django’s signal caching
- issue #228: Don’t load
- issue #219: Stop using
mogo.model.Model.new(), deprecated 4 years ago.
- Add support for Django 1.7/1.8
- Add support for mongoengine>=0.9.0 / pymongo>=2.1
- Add support for getting/setting
factory.fuzzy‘s random state (see issue #175, issue #185).
- Support lazy evaluation of iterables in
factory.fuzzy.FuzzyChoice(see issue #184).
- Support non-default databases at the factory level (see issue #171)
factory.django.ImageFieldnon-post_generation, i.e normal fields also available in
save()(see issue #141).
- Remove deprecated features from 2.4.0 (2014-06-21)
- Remove the auto-magical sequence setup (based on the latest primary key value in the database) for Django and SQLAlchemy; this relates to issues issue #170, issue #153, issue #111, issue #103, issue #92, issue #78. See https://github.com/FactoryBoy/factory_boy/commit/13d310f for technical details.
Version 2.5.0 removes the ‘auto-magical sequence setup’ bug-and-feature. This could trigger some bugs when tests expected a non-zero sequence reference.
Version 2.5.0 removes features that were marked as deprecated in v2.4.0.
FACTORY_*-style attributes are now declared in a
class Meta: section:
# Old-style, deprecated class MyFactory(factory.Factory): FACTORY_FOR = models.MyModel FACTORY_HIDDEN_ARGS = ['a', 'b', 'c'] # New-style class MyFactory(factory.Factory): class Meta: model = models.MyModel exclude = ['a', 'b', 'c']
A simple shell command to upgrade the code would be:
# sed -i: inplace update # grep -l: only file names, not matching lines sed -i 's/FACTORY_FOR =/class Meta:\n model =/' $(grep -l FACTORY_FOR $(find . -name '*.py'))
This takes care of all
FACTORY_FOR occurrences; the files containing other attributes to rename can be found with
grep -R FACTORY .
- Fix overriding deeply inherited attributes (set in one factory, overridden in a subclass, used in a sub-sub-class).
FACTORYclass-level attributes is deprecated and will be removed in 2.5. Those attributes should now declared within the
- Fixed sequence counter for
DjangoModelFactorywhen a factory inherits from another factory relating to an abstract model.
- Removed duplicated
- Properly handle sequences within object inheritance chains. If FactoryA inherits from FactoryB, and their associated classes share the same link, sequence counters will be shared (issue #93)
- Properly handle nested
FuzzyDatethanks to saulshanabrook
- Add a
factory_parentattribute to the
LazyAttribute, in order to access fields defined in wrapping factories.
MogoFactoryto their own modules (
- Add the
Factoryto ease resetting the sequence counter for a given factory.
- Add debug messages to
- Add a
- Add support for the SQLAlchemy ORM through
SQLAlchemyModelFactory(issue #64, thanks to Romain Commandé)
factory.django.ImageFieldhooks for related Django model fields (issue #52)
FACTORY_DJANGO_GET_OR_CREATEis empty, use
- Don’t push
FACTORY_DJANGO_GET_OR_CREATEis not set.
- Allow overriding the base factory class for
- Add support for Python3 (Thanks to kmike and nkryptic)
- The default
- Fields listed in
FACTORY_HIDDEN_ARGSwon’t be passed to the associated class’ constructor
- Add support for
- Add support for
Sequencecounter can be overridden when calling a generating function
Listdeclarations (Closes issue #18).
- Remove associated class discovery
extract_prefixkwarg to post-generation hooks.
- Stop defaulting to Django’s
Foo.objects.create()when “creating” instances
- Remove STRATEGY_*
This version deprecates many magic or unexplicit features that will be removed in v2.0.0.
Please read the Upgrading section, then run your
python -W default to see all remaining warnings.
SubFactoryto solve circular dependencies between factories
SelfAttributeto handle “container” attribute fetching
- Add a
Iteratormay be prevented from cycling by setting its
- Allow overriding default arguments in a
PostGenerationMethodCallwhen generating an instance of the factory
- An object created by a
DjangoModelFactorywill be saved again after
The following features have been deprecated and will be removed in an upcoming release.
- Usage of
set_building_function()are now deprecated
- Implicit associated class discovery is no longer supported, you must set the
FACTORY_FORattribute on all
- Usage of
This version deprecates a few magic or undocumented features. All warnings will turn into errors starting from v2.0.0.
In order to upgrade client code, apply the following rules:
- Add a
FACTORY_FORattribute pointing to the target class to each
Factory, instead of relying on automagic associated class discovery
- When using factory_boy for Django models, have each factory inherit from
factory.set_building_function(SomeFactory, building_function)with an override of the
factory.set_creation_function(SomeFactory, creation_function)with an override of the
CircularSubFactoryto solve circular dependencies between factories
PostGenerationDeclarationand derived classes.
- Fix packaging rules
- Allow classmethod/staticmethod on factories
- Auto-discovery of
FACTORY_FORbased on class name is now deprecated
- Improve the algorithm for populating a
python setup.py testcommand to run the test suite
- Allow custom build functions
- Add support for inheriting from multiple
Factoryclasses can now be declared
Sequencecounter starts at the next free database id
SelfAttribute, a shortcut for
factory.LazyAttribute(lambda o: o.foo.bar.baz.
- Improve handling of custom build/create functions
- First version of factory_boy
- Initial version by Mark Sandstrom (2010)
- Developed by Raphaël Barrois since 2011